36 There was also a prophetess, Anna, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Asher. She was very old; she had lived with her husband seven years after her marriage,
37 and then was a widow until she was eighty-four. She never left the temple but worshiped night and day, fasting and praying.
38 Coming up to them at that very moment, she gave thanks to God and spoke about the child to all who were looking forward to the redemption of Jerusalem.
1. Even though Anna was 84, she never left the temple. She worshipped God, day and night and spent her time, fasting and praying.
This means Anna was always available and her only priority was God and worshipping God.
- What about you? How much time do you give to God and his church?
- Do you feel like you've reached a stage where you've done enough?
- Do you feel like it's time you take a back-seat and relax and let the next generation continue the work of the Lord?
2. Anna recognised and identified the Messiah, even as the other teachers of the Law were going about their business. They were busy creating rules and traditions. (Matt 15:9)
- Are you so busy that you've missed the Messiah or missed the call of the Messiah?
- Do you hear God speaking to you?
3. Anna spoke to everyone about Jesus.
- Who are you speaking to, about Jesus?
1. Speak to everyone you meet today about Jesus.
2. Fast and Pray and submit all your moaning and groaning to the Lord, so that you don't miss the Messiah.