Question : "What animal would you like to be?" Why?
I. The ANT
6 Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise!
7 It has no commander, no overseer or ruler,
8 yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest.
1. Q: What characteristics come to mind when you think of an ant?
A: hardworking, unified, plan ahead self motivated, etc ...
2. Q: What prevents us from being like this?
A: Laziness, pride, selfishness, etc
9 How long will you lie there, you sluggard? When will you get up from your sleep?
10 A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest--
11 and poverty will come on you like a bandit and scarcity like an armed man.
3. Q: How do we know when we are spiritually asleep?
A: not reading Bible, not praying, not radical with sin, not evangelistic, etc...
4. Q: What are the consequences of this?
A: SPIRITUAL POVERTY!!!
II. The MULE
8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you.
9 Do not be like the horse or the mule, which have no understanding but must be controlled by bit and bridle or they will not come to you.
5. Q: What characteristics come to mind when you think of a mule?
A: Stubborn, rebellious, stupid, etc ...
6. Q: What areas in our lives do we find it hard to be corrected in?
A: Marriage, work-situation, raising children, religion, etc...
7. Q: Why?
A: Pride, fear, insecurity, etc ...
III. The LION
I Peter 5:8
Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
8. Q: What characteristics come to mind when you think of a lion?
A: Aggressive, dangerous, cunning, etc ...
DESCRIBE HOW LIONS HUNT FOR THE ANIMALS SEPARATED FROM THE PACK AND THAT ARE WEAKER.
9. Q: When are we easy prey for Satan?
A: Alone, spiritually malnourished, in tempting situations, etc...
10. Q: Since Satan is so dangerous, why are people not alert and self-controlled?
A: Deceived,love, sin, etc...