We were hot, fired-up, full of zeal while we became a disciple. As we live in this cold world we tend to loose our fire.
1 Thessalonians 5:19
Do not put out the Spirit's fire;
That’s why Paul writes, “Do not put out the spirit’s fire”
So, because you are lukewarm--neither hot nor cold--I am about to spit you out of my mouth.
God categories the spirituality into three category -Hot, Lukewarm, Cold. Anybody who is not hot is Lukewarm or Cold. How are you today?
In the scale of 1 – 10 where will you be?
50 signs of being Lukewarm
I. In the ministry
1. Coming late to the meetings.
2. Leaving early as soon as meeting gets over- not enjoying the fellowship.
They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.
3. Not singing loud.
Sing to him a new song; play skillfully, and shout for joy.
4. Not carrying the Bible, contact book, and invitation card always.
Those who had been scattered preached the word wherever they went.
5. Not evangelizing & not bringing visitors.
I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ.
6. Not keeping in touch daily-coming for only 3 meetings a week
Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts,
7. Not taking notes.
He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true."
8. Having no responsibility in the family group- not asking for responsibility. Taking responsibility as burden rather as a privilege.
9. Not sharing about what we learnt from the messages.
10. Missing the DP-time.
Discipline your son, and he will give you peace; he will bring delight to your soul.
11. Not preparing our hearts/minds before Discipling time / message
1 Peter 1:13
Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed.
12. Bearing less fruit ( No fruit means cold)
He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.
13. When somebody has to remind you about giving contribution. Not giving contribution
8 "Will a man rob God? Yet you rob me. "But you ask, 'How do we rob you?' "In tithes and offerings.
9 You are under a curse--the whole nation of you--because you are robbing me.
10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.
11 I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not cast their fruit," says the LORD Almighty.
14. When somebody has to tell you to follow-up on missing Christian in the same day.
"What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off?
15. Always sitting at the back row.
2. In Personality and Character
16. Getting up late.
How long will you lie there, you sluggard? When will you get up from your sleep?
17. Postponing the prayer time to evening
Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed.
In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.
18. Not shaving, not ironing, not taking care of nails, - A man’s shoe talks something about their character.
1 Corinthians 6:20
you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.
19. Going late to Job. – Not working hard but hardly working
Do you see a man skilled in his work? He will serve before kings; he will not serve before obscure men.
20. Not smiling at People.
21. Giving lukewarm hugs
So he got up and went to his father. "But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him.
22. Not being keen in listening
My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,
23. Afraid to make mistakes ( Not the same mistakes but the new ones)
24. Feeling shy. Not being bold.
The wicked man flees though no one pursues, but the righteous are as bold as a lion.
25. Postponing responsibles tomorrow while you can finish it today
"A curse on him who is lax in doing the Lord's work! A curse on him who keeps his sword from bloodshed!
26. Not confessing sin on the same day. Being deceitful in confessing.
He who conceals his sins does not prosper, but whoever confesses and renounces them finds mercy.
27. Not challenging sins in others life
"If your brother sins against you, go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over.
28. Saying, “I forgive you” but not forgetting.
"This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother from your heart."
29. When “yes” becomes “Yes… but…” and the “No” becomes “No… but…”
Simply let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No'; anything beyond this comes from the evil one.
30. Saying “I’ll try” rather “I will do”
31. Being a boring person – not excited and enthusiastic.
32. Getting the same challenge again and again - taking long time to repent
33. Missing opportunity
making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.
34. No dream, no goal, no vision, no ambition.
35. If you don’t know your strength and weakness
36. Not self motivated, not initiating, not getting involved in others life. (Mr. Lukewarm does not like Mr. Self motivation)
37. Many words but less deeds.
38. Giving excuse
"But they all alike began to make excuses. The first said, 'I have just bought a field, and I must go and see it. Please excuse me.'
39. Not encouraging when others do well
But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness.
40. Not using your talents for Kingdom of God.
20 "Then another servant came and said, 'Sir, here is your mina; I have kept it laid away in a piece of cloth.
21 I was afraid of you, because you are a hard man. You take out what you did not put in and reap what you did not sow.'
22 "His master replied, 'I will judge you by your own words, you wicked servant! You knew, did you, that I am a hard man, taking out what I did not put in, and reaping what I did not sow?
23 Why then didn't you put my money on deposit, so that when I came back, I could have collected it with interest?'
24 "Then he said to those standing by, 'Take his mina away from him and give it to the one who has ten minas.'
41. Not taking advise
The way of a fool seems right to him, but a wise man listens to advice.
Make plans by seeking advice; if you wage war, obtain guidance.
42. Not growing up in leadership
1 Timothy 4:15
Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress.
43. Less friendship in church.
9 Enjoy life with your wife, whom you love, all the days of this meaningless life that God has given you under the sun-- all your meaningless days. For this is your lot in life and in your toilsome labor under the sun.
10 Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the grave, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom.
11 I have seen something else under the sun: The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favor to the learned; but time and chance happen to them all.
12 Moreover, no man knows when his hour will come: As fish are caught in a cruel net, or birds are taken in a snare, so men are trapped by evil times that fall unexpectedly upon them.
44. Walking up and down during the message is preached (Finish going to toilet and drinking water before the meeting )
45. Just maintaining -Not being creative.
3. In Marriage
46. Compromising sin in each other life.
1 Now a man named Ananias, together with his wife Sapphira, also sold a piece of property.
2 With his wife's full knowledge he kept back part of the money for himself, but brought the rest and put it at the apostles' feet.
3 Then Peter said, "Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land?
4 Didn't it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn't the money at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied to men but to God."
5 When Ananias heard this, he fell down and died. And great fear seized all who heard what had happened.
6 Then the young men came forward, wrapped up his body, and carried him out and buried him.
7 About three hours later his wife came in, not knowing what had happened.
8 Peter asked her, "Tell me, is this the price you and Ananias got for the land?" "Yes," she said, "that is the price."
9 Peter said to her, "How could you agree to test the Spirit of the Lord? Look! The feet of the men who buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out also."
10 At that moment she fell down at his feet and died. Then the young men came in and, finding her dead, carried her out and buried her beside her husband.
11 Great fear seized the whole church and all who heard about these events.
47. Uninspiring family time.
48. Less time for children – not rising up godly kids.
And the child grew and became strong; he was filled with wisdom, and the grace of God was upon him.
49. Not keeping the house clean.
For the LORD your God moves about in your camp to protect you and to deliver your enemies to you. Your camp must be holy, so that he will not see among you anything indecent and turn away from you.
50. When your marriage style does not inspiring visitors to become disciple.
1 Timothy 3:5
If anyone does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of God's church?
Your zeal / fire in one character is not an excuse for being lukewarm in another character.
Jesus is hard-line with sin but He showed mercy to the woman who was caught in adultery.
Character of being hard line is not the excuse for being lukewarm in showing mercy.
Going for pick-up is not the excuse for coming late for church.
Let us be fired-up, radical, jealous, excellent, forceful, first class, prophetic, revolutionary, dangerous, adventurous, great, wonderful and awesome.