Miracle: what is it? It is an unusual happening. Miracles are done by the power of God.
Today we are going to answer many questions about Jesus miracles from the Bible.
1. Why did Jesus do miracles?
30 Jesus did many other miraculous signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book.
31 But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.
The purpose of miracles is to believe in Jesus Christ and to have eternal life, So why didn’t we have miracles today? According to vs. 31, the written down miracles are enough for us to believe in Jesus.
37 Do not believe me unless I do what my Father does.
38 But if I do it, even though you do not believe me, believe the miracles, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father."
According to this passage the miracle authenticates that Jesus is divine or He is God.
41 Filled with compassion, Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. "I am willing," he said. "Be clean!"
42 Immediately the leprosy left him and he was cured.
Jesus also did miracles because he was compassionate. His heart went out to people who had needed. He touched them and loved them. Why?
- Jesus cared. Do you?
2. What miracles did Jesus do?
He did some example of nature miracles.
1. He turned water into wine
2. Fed 5000 people & 4000 people at different times
3. Calmed the storm. Etc.,
He spoke and miracles happened.
1. Peter mother in law healed of fever
2. Cured a man with leprosy.
3. Healed a paralytic
4. Raised up the son of widow from the dead.
He touched and miracles happened. He did the miracles of touching and speaking.
What? Jesus touched & spoke. Do you?
3. How did Jesus do miracles?
Jesus did miracles by fulfilling the needs of people
Jesus said to them, "I did one miracle, and you are all astonished.
1. When the wedding party ran out of wine and was an embarrassment for the host he turned water into wine,
2. When people were caught in a storm, he calmed it.
3. When people were hungry, he fed them
4. Widow’s only son died; he raised the boy to help the widow.
5. A woman crippled for 18 years.
6. Healed 10 lepers who are socially outcast.
Jesus did miracles to fulfill the need of people. It astonished many. Does it astonishing you?
4. When did Jesus do miracles
1 Jesus left there and went to his hometown, accompanied by his disciples.
2 When the Sabbath came, he began to teach in the synagogue, and many who heard him were amazed. "Where did this man get these things?" they asked. "What's this wisdom that has been given him, that he even does miracles!
3 Isn't this the carpenter? Isn't this Mary's son and the brother of James, Joseph, Judas and Simon? Aren't his sisters here with us?" And they took offense at him.
4 Jesus said to them, "Only in his hometown, among his relatives and in his own house is a prophet without honor."
5 He could not do any miracles there, except lay his hands on a few sick people and heal them.
Jesus did miracle when people were desperate Jesus did miracles.
1. A women bleeding for 12 years - no doctors can cure her and she spent all that she had.
2. Blind Bartimaeus - he kept calling Jesus and again till Jesus took notice of him. Jesus son of David have mercy on me”
3. Healing of centurion’s servant. He was willing to plead for a servant.
When, others are in desperate need.
Do you feed the need to help? Or do you wait or question why,what, how and when?
Lets decide to love people and change people like Jesus did.